How to Set up a Digital Apprenticeship Service Account
In this tutorial we’ll show you how to set up a Digital Apprenticeship Service Account. For more tutorials check out our blog page.
The process to set up a DAS account is done in 3 steps…
- You’ll need to register yourself on DAS
- Add your Pay As You Earn (PAYE) scheme reference number
- Confirm your organisational details
What you’ll need to set up your DAS account…
- An email address
- The gov gateway login for your organisation (if your annual bill is less than £3 million then you can use the accounts office reference number and employer PAYE scheme reference number
- You must make sure you have the authority to add PAYE schemes to your account and that you can accept the employer agreement on your organisation’s behalf.
- You may also need your Companies House Number, Charity number or Public Body Name.
How do I get my PAYE scheme reference number?
If you do not pay the apprenticeship levy because you are a small employer, you will need your PAYE scheme reference number (this can sometimes be known as your ERN number or your account office reference number, AORN)
If your business has no employees, you may not have a PAYE scheme reference number and therefore will need to register as an employer with HMRC to be given one.
If you have recently received your PAYE scheme reference number, there are a few steps you’ll need to complete before setting up you DAS account. You’ll need to
- Submit at least one payroll return to HMRC using their basic PAYE tool. (if you’re not employing someone this can be a blank employer payment summary)
- Notify HMRC that you will be taking on an apprentice under your business’s PAYE and submit the data.
- Creating Your Account
At the sign in screen, you’ll need to click create account, this will take you to a blank form in which you’ll need to put in your details. After clicking ‘set me up’ the user will be prompted to enter a code which has been sent to the email they just entered.
- Adding your Pay As You Earn (PAYE) scheme reference number
There will then be two options as to add your PAYE scheme reference number. Those organisations who do not pay the levy tax can use either option. However, those that do pay the levy will need to add your PAYE scheme reference number using the Government gateway log in.
- Confirming Your Details
After successfully entering the PAYE scheme number you will be prompted to check your details to confirm you have entered it correctly
Once all this has been done the user will need to view and accept the employer agreement (please make sure you have authority to do this on behalf of your organisations before continuing. If you do not have the authority to accept this, you can click ‘I’ll view it later’ until this has been accepted however functionality on the account will be limited and funds will not be able to be accessed.
Finally, you will be taken to the account screen. The user that has registered the account will automatically become the account’s owner but will be able to add additional users to the account as needed under the ‘account’ section of the page. Apart from that, you’ve set up a Digital Apprenticeship Service Account successfully!
Thank you for joining us for this tutorial, for more information or other tutorials, check out our blog page.